Monday, July 8, 2013

Sew Delicious Winter Sewing Day

After last week's blogging masterclass, I had the pleasure of joining Ros from Sew Delicious again for her winter sewing day at GJ's Discount Fabrics

I haven't done anything like this before and had no idea what to take. So I went through all my unfinished projects (UFOs) and took them with a couple of patterns I'm testing. I was a little ambitious with 15 or so little zip lock bags as I only finished Ninja (featured yesterday) and started a little piecing for a patchwork version of the Noodlehead Open Wide Zippered Pouch.

The venue was perfectly suited to a large sewing group - huge wooden tables, power points, ironing boards and irons all ready to go. Oh and did I mention that it was right above a fabric store. I did *need* thread for my project and of course I didn't *need* a couple of fat quarters from the $2 bargain table. I would really love to go back there again with more time (I know odd since I was there all day!) and money.

I only took a couple of photos to share - in between sewing, chatting and eating yummy cake.

Our host Ros from Sew Delicious
(sorry about the bright flash!)
The quilt block that Ros worked on

Suz from Sew Pony worked on this amazing
vintage quilt for one of her beautiful girls.


For this photo she wasn't wearing her
attractive pink washing up gloves

Abby from Things for Boys didn't get much done
other than carrying a sleeping Ted around for 4 hours
- and chatting with all of us! He is so adorable (and so is she!).

Thanks so much for the opportunity Ros. I loved it and hope next time I have more to show for it!
  

1 comment:

  1. It was a great day wasn't it? Love your comment about my lovely gloves!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...